“CADScor®System will shorten waiting lists and add value for both patients and healthcare system” Dr. Werner Kommer Facharzt für Innere Medizin und Kardiologie in Wolkersdorf, Austria
Interim Report, January – March 2019
Malmö, May 16, 2019
“CADScor®System will shorten waiting lists and add value for both patients and healthcare system”
Dr. Werner Kommer Facharzt für Innere Medizin und Kardiologie in Wolkersdorf, Austria
”After almost a year at Acarix, I am truly inspired by the opportunities our products offer to revolutionize heart diagnosis. We participate actively in congresses and scientific conferences and see that the need for precise tools to make quick and appropriate decisions continues to grow. Acarix has an important role to play in fulfilling that need.”
Extract from CEO Per Persson’s commentary to the Interim Report.
First quarter 2019 compared with same period 2018
- During the first quarter, sales amounted to five CADScor®System and 640 patches compared with four CADScor®System and 520 patches in same period previous year.
- Revenue amounting to 299 kSEK (230), with gross profit of 209 kSEK (158) and a gross margin of 70% (69).
- Operational costs amounting 13 038 kSEK (8 170).
- Result before tax amounted to –12 822 kSEK (–7 963).
- Net cash flow from operating activities amounted to –13 101 kSEK (–9 444).
- Basic earnings per share amounted to –0.56 SEK (–0.35). No dilution arose.
Events in the first quarter, 2019
In February Acarix announced that filing for German reimbursement will go directly with the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) for its CADScor®System. Previously, Acarix was aiming for full reimbursement in Germany by the end of 2019, after initial discussions with relevant associations. However, a new legislation is underway which will impact the local reimbursement process and result in delays. Furthermore, private reimbursement is not affected by the above changes.
Events after March 31, 2019
No major events occurred after March 31, 2019.
The complete interim report is available by link below or on www.acarix.com
For further information, please contact:
Per Persson, CEO
tel: +46 736 005 990
Christian Lindholm, CFO
tel: +46 705 118 333
Acarix was established in 2009 and is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier. Acarix’s CADScor®System uses an advanced sensor placed on the skin above the heart to listen to the sounds of cardiac contraction movement and turbulent flow. It has been designed to be an all-in-one system in the sense that the heart signal will be recorded, processed and displayed as a patient specific score, the CAD score, on the device screen. Readings are obtained in less than 8 minutes. Safe and suitable for use in both out- and inpatient settings, the CADScor®System thus has the potential to play a major role in patient triage, avoiding the need for many patients to undergo stressful and invasive diagnostic procedures.
The information disclosed above is mandatory for Acarix AB (publ) to publish pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. This information was submitted for publication through the agency of the above contact person on May 16, 2019 at 8:00 am (CET).
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- May 2019
- Zurich: The Pharmaceutical Out-licensing Course
- New York: Inhalation & Respiratory Drug Delivery 2019
- June 2019
- Philadelphia, PA: Product and Company Valuation Course